What we do
In CoMobility, we want to:
- develop methods of co-creating transport solutions for local communities
- understand the barriers and identify opportunities to limit the use of private cars in urban spaces
- predict air quality outcomes for hypothetical scenarios of transport behaviour
- assess the benefits of the considered scenarios of transport behaviour
- build data pre-processing and machine learning methods to model individual transport choices
- evaluate the possibility of applying the developed solutions to other cities in Poland and the world
- foster awareness of the relationship between transport choices and air quality
- promote active mobility and public transport in local communities
How we do it
The project's methods:
- co-creation of solutions with a wide group of stakeholders around school communities
- city labs, educational activities, interventions in urban space
- qualitative research, interviews and meetings with stakeholders
- quantitative research
- modelling individual behaviour with machine-learning methods
- modelling transport traffic and air quality
- active dissemination of modelling results
- We want to find out how to ensure that citizens appreciate efficient, safe and environmentally-friendly driving around the city over owning a car.
- We want to ensure the transparency of the research process in the open science spirit. We will share our methods, publications and recommendations. We hope this will build a sense of shared ownership of the research results with stakeholders involved in the project as well as support policymakers in shaping data-driven policies.
- Our actions aim to improve air quality and consequently the health of the citizens, which will also translate into lower economic costs of maintaining health in society.